Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Limitless Possibilities

Sometimes the ideas come faster than you can type them, other times you can sit here for hours and nothing comes.

Lately I'm having a hard time deciding on a next video. Its not that my head is totally empty... indeed, I've had one idea that's been running through my head all day.

Here's the problem: its totally undoable in my present setup, and totally unrelated to libertarianism. Its more something one would do with a proper animation program like the one I bought last month. Sadly, I'm still fairly early in the tutorial stage of that, and nowhere near ready to tackle something that complex.

So I sit here... writing dialogue, sketching character models, on something I might never get around to making. And yet, I can't bring myself to put the idea aside for a minute to make more of the machinema style videos that are what's getting me my audience. At least I got the DVDs out the door before I ran into this block.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some better ideas for a short video I can make. I'd really like to dive into some actual production this weekend, which is something I haven't gotten to do in quite some time. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: